Newspaper and Radio Interns Wanted (Paid)
The New Ghanaian newspaper was launched at the Ghana Embassy, Washington DC, in November 2001 with the purpose of serving, uplifting and inspiring Ghanaians abroad. Since its inception, the paper has expanded to reach Ghanaians in the Washington Metro area and beyond. The New Ghanaian newspaper is the premier Ghanaian monthly and is considered one of the leading papers covering issues pertaining to Ghana in the United States.
Media Afrika LLC seeks interns for the following positions for fall and spring terms: editorial intern, graphic design intern, radio intern and videography intern.
Interns must have college credits or at least completed junior year of high school and be on schedule to graduate 2012. Interns hours are flexible based on commitment. Stipends are offered to interns who spend a minimum of 15-20 hours a week. Editorial and Graphic Design interns will have the opportunity to produce original content for The New Ghanaian newspaper and www.mytngonline.com website. Radio interns will have the opportunity to assist in producing original content on internet radio via www.sunlightradio.com website. Videography interns will assist in creating crisp, professional videos for the media house.
Interns should be organized and self-starters. A strong writing background is required, a journalism background is encouraged, proficiency in photo editing and video editing tools are per-requisites and high school applicants may apply. Basic HTML skills and familiarity with content management systems and social media is helpful but not required. Openings are limited and will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis as we find people who are a good fit.
Editorial intern duties include:
• Writing and researching editorial content
• Proofreading and formatting content
• Assisting staff with administrative duties
• Assisting editorial staff as needed on projects
Graphic Design intern duties include:
• Proficiency in Indesign, Photoshop and newspaper layout
• Create simple flyers
• Creative, listens to instructions and can take conceptual ideas to paper
Videography intern duties include:
• Capturing and editing videos in a timely manner
• Professionalism during recording and backing up of material
• Videography equipment is not a pre-requisite but encouraged.
Radio intern duties include:
• Writing and researching news broadcasts to be read
• Assisting in managing program slots
• Setting reminders for radio jockeys and talk show hosts
• Assisting the radio staff as needed on projects
Please send letter of interest and resume and (2) two relevant writing samples (need not be published work, though that is preferred) for editorial interns; work portfolio & samples for graphic designers; video samples for videography interns; a letter of interest and resume only for radio interns (clarity of voice is a requirement) to:
Emmanuel A. Gamor
Media Afrika LLC
6000 Stevenson Avenue #100
Alexandria, VA 22304
Short URL: http://mytngonline.com/?p=1461